Latest News

Updated: Aug 23, 2019


Photo from LBPD

UPDATE:

Rodolfo Montoya, who is accused of threatening to shoot up the Long Beach Marriott has entered a plea of not guilty. Montoya is facing four counts: two counts of criminal threats as well as one count each of dissuading a witness by force or threat and possession of an assault weapon.


Details:

L.B.P.D has arrested Rodolfo Montoya, age 37-year-old, a resident of Huntington Beach, for allegedly threatening to carry out "an act of violence,” according to L.B.P.D. on the Marriott in Long Beach, where he worked as a chef.

  • Marriott hotel workers altered L.B.P.D after Montoya told a coworker of his violent plans.

  • Chief Luna said during a press conference that Montoya was upset over a human resource issue and planned to shoot co-workers and hotel guest.

More:

Investigators searched the suspect home and found a plethora of firearms, ammunition and tactical gear. Montoya was charged with manufacturing and distributing assault weapons, possession of an assault weapon and making a criminal threat and is being held on $500,000 bail at the Long Beach City Jail.





406 views



Details:

Andrew James Jensen, age 50, a resident of Huntington Beach, has pleaded no contest to covertly recording 63 women and 26 men last year at a City Hall bathroom and a neighboring coffee house.


The Sentence:

Jensen, a former building inspector form Rancho Palos Verdes, was sentenced to two years in county jail, three years of probation, and Jensen will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

22 views



What Happened?

#Sony Pictures and #Marvel Studios (Disney) have ended their Spider-Man agreement, for now, as both studios failed to come to terms over Marvel's most popular hero.


Behind the Scenes:

According to Deadline, Disney asked Sony Pictures for a 50/50 split in the profits on future Spidey films between the two studios and Sony turned down that offer.

  • The original agreement, Marvel received 5% of first dollar gross and the rest going to Sony pictures, but Marvel (Disney) would get all of the merchandise and get to use the wall crawler in Disney theme parks globally.

  • Spider-man is Sony's only film franchise, after losing the James Bond franchise.

  • BuzzFeed News reported, that negotiations between the mouse house and Sony about Spider-man's future remain ongoing.


What's next for #Spidey:

Tom Halland is signed on for one more Spider-man film with Sony and Deadline reported that Sony is developing two more Spider-Man movies following Far From Home.

5 views